Thursday, April 4, 2013

Career Services Internship


Attention Students! Still looking for an internship for next year?! How about one that is paid AND on-campus?! LOOK NO FURTHER. As sad as I am to leave the Office of Career Services, I am excited to pass my position on to another individual who can take this internship to the next level!

The Office of Career Services is looking to hire a new Marketing and Event Planning Intern for the 2013 -2014 academic year. Go on to HIRE UT and search under job and internship opportunities. Enter “Office of Career Services- Marketing/Event Planning Intern Fall 13- Spring 14” as the job title to learn more and apply!

Why apply?
This Internship has been such an incredible and rewarding experience. I have not only grown professionally by working closely with employers in the Tampa area and developing skills within my field of study, but I have met some incredible individuals and cannot express how much I have personally enjoyed working with all of the amazing staff members in the office.

Yes, this is compensated ($10 an hour to be exact) and it is on campus! Even writing this, I can’t believe I am giving it up, but I have other commitments and exciting adventures ahead. I’m writing this blog post to help advertise for the position to ensure the ideal candidate is selected!

Some of my projects this semester consisted of designing and distributing flyers to promote Career Services events around campus, updating and maintaining all Career Services social media sites, writing blog posts, working larger career and internship fair events, and working weekly hours at the front desk in the office. All the while, I was able to network with potential employers and had access to all of the amazing events and opportunities the Office of Career Services has to offer to set you up for life after UT!

You must be either sophomore class standing or higher to apply and be able to take on the position for the entire year. Other applicant qualifications and a full job description can be read on HIRE UT.
Feel free to reach out to me personally with any other questions or concerns! Good luck!  

The deadline to apply is April 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment