Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Bitter Sweet Goodbye


I am so incredibly thankful to have worked with the Office of Career Services this year, and what an incredible journey it has been. These blog posts have been pretty entertaining for me and I hope it has helped some of you prep for the real world! If you all have any other questions, concerns, or comments, please do not hesitate to message me personally.  I am excited to pass my position on to Josh Jacobs who I know will do an amazing job next year. I will still be writing some posts but as I take on a new position as Student Government President.

In this last blog post, I truly want to thank the entire Office of Career Services for making this office feel like home. Cliché? Yes. True? Unbelievably so. These individuals have been beyond supportive and motivating, and I highly encourage you all to get involved in the office as early as you can. Whether it’s attending an event, workshop, or walk-in hours, be sure to utilize the resources offered.

I traveled around the country recruiting for admissions this past semester, and my favorite part of the presentation I gave was when I was able to ramble on about how much I love the Office of Career Services. This is a summary of what I said:

College is an investment, and it’s expensive. That’s an understatement. It’s extremely expensive. Yes, you go to college to receive a degree and have some incredible experiences, but when it comes down to it- it’s all about where that degree and experience will take you. The Office of Career Services is there to set students up for life after UT. From scheduling workshops and career fairs, to bringing employers in to critique resumes and conduct on-campus interviews, to helping individuals choose a major and obtain experience in their field, the Office of Career Services is there, making sure you get the absolute most out of your time here at UT.

I love this office and hope you all take time out of your schedule to make some of our resources a priority! Good luck with all your future endeavors and stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment