The spring 2013 CCFCC Career Expo is just around the corner! Make plans to attend the career fair on April 4, 2013 from 11:00am to 3:00pm in Fletcher Lounge. This is a great chance to learn more about available opportunities with over 55 companies!
Below are a few tips to help you prepare:
· Update your resume. The Office of Career Services offers resume reviews during walk-in hours and via appointments.
· Prepare your “elevator speech” so you can effectively communicate your strengths, goals, and how you stand out from other candidates! Click here for more information on how to create your “elevator speech."
· Research the companies who have registered for the CCFCC Career Expo. This information can be found here. Many of the companies have listed the majors they are recruiting as well as the types of positions they have available.
· Create a list of questions to ask the representatives from the companies you plan on visiting during the Career Expo. For more guidance on the types of questions to ask, visit “Tips for Success.”
· Dress professionally! First impressions matter – dress code for a Career Fair is the same as what you wear to an interview - a business suit. For more details on professional dress and samples of what to wear (examples for both men and women), see here.
If you have any questions on how to best prepare for the CCFCC Career Expo, visit the Office of Career Services in Riverside, Room 116.
Best of luck!